Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Cool Coastal Serene

Maybe I have the seaside on my mind because I'm off to the beach in a few days or maybe it's because I'm jazzed about a new shore-inspired design project.  Either way - breezy and serene - coastal decor is at the forefront of my mind and creative spirit.

Now let's tell the truth...beach decor can be theme-y, matchy and downright cutesy.  Right?  So, I'm after a more sophisticated, upscale version that is textural, serene and reflective.  

Seacottage.blogspot.com & pinterest.com

Uh huh...that's what I'm talking about...

...and this, too.  Order and simplicity, natural light, organic silhouettes, woven textures 
and a neutral palette create that upscale coastal feel.

pinterest.com


   And you can't do beach decor without the collected elements a day at the beach offers...collected elements that are fanciful, timeless and interesting.  They draw us in and inspire us
to interpret their stories, or romance us into making up lovely ones of our own.
Collections - whether they consist of seashells, coral, driftwood or seaglass - bring richness
and sincerity to a decor.
 

The beach causes us to close our eyes, breathe deeply and slow down just a bit.  The beach is calming and contemplative, refreshing and reflective.  The beach is a place of haven and memories.  I'm envisioning a home's decor that feels like that.

Ok, I'm inspired.  Now for a little salty sea breeze, a nice chilled white and a steaming plate of mussels!  

- Amy

No comments :

Post a Comment